Friday, October 2, 2015

Today!

The following is a direct response to what was written here...

http://www.nicolavincent-abnett.com/2015/10/if-youre-looking-for-feminist-rant-this.html


Excellent thoughts as always Nik, condolences on your father, he is closer to you now than you could ever believe.

I think the "power" is not solely in "men", I'm a male and I don't feel powerful at all.  I look at all those above me and wonder if it's just "normal" that most people are the "weak" and a very, very few get to be "the powerful".
Where I live (in the USA), most of our jobs are long gone and there are plenty of cheap labor alternatives (for example, women can get jobs much easier than men it seems, waitressing jobs, nursing homes).  Women are for the most part, attractive on the outside whereas men are not, so I'd have to give the advantage, at least in an interview setting, to the women.
If I were the boss and I'm "hiring", I'm going to pick an equally qualified female over a male every time you know (I'm probs a sexist pig huh...)

I liked what you said about survival of the fittest.
In my family, I teach that "the fittest" is not always the strongest, not always the most powerful.  But that it is definitely the "fittest" that succeeds, that prospers and reproduces.
My tactic is to be the smartest, usually intelligence beats strength, it usually beats power too although it gets a little tougher there.

As a female, as a group as a whole, if women could up their general intelligence level a smidge, I can envision some serious changes huh.
What if, and I know this is a difficult one, what if all the females in the world, collectively decided not to procreate with crappy men.  If a man has "outdated" views, don't produce his offspring.
If a man has an "agenda" that is not what women want, it becomes a simple math problem.  The woman is needed for children and she usually can't be forced into reproduction.  If we're talking about equal "everything", should men be given the right to bear children..?
My kids learn about revolutions in school.  They learn about Gandhi and others who have been weak and still changed the world.
Some with things as simple as words.

So if we took it a step further, we could say that not only could a woman not reproduce with crappy men, but they could also not raise a child in an environment that would produce a crappy son.
I know it's a scary thought but what if, and hear me out, what if all the women of the world, refused to produce another child unless it was on "their" terms.
What if, even scarier thought, women were so determined to change the world, that if a child did "appear" and was about to be raised in an environment less than perfect, that child was drowned in the bathtub by it's mother.

My kids' school teaches that some revolutions require sacrifices.  That sometimes you have to die for an idea if you believe that strongly in it.
What if all women refused to procreate unless it was by their design?
Would men round up women and force them to breed?  Would their babies be taken from them and a world full of slavery exist?
Would the men who were as you claimed "decent", stand up for the enslavement of a whole gender and would they too be "removed" from the equation..?

The way I see it, and yes it's not a pretty perspective, the women have the one power that men don't.  They reproduce.
If you take away that power, humanity grinds to a dismal halt eh.
Women may have the guns to their heads but if we pull the trigger, we all die in the end no?

Is this the type of sacrifice it would take?
Is this the scale and scope of ultimatums?
Are women too caring and emotional to drown their own babies if the situation is less than ideal?
From what I've seen in my short life, they are.
If intelligence beats power, emotion surely trumps intelligence huh.

I have always been a supporter of equal rights.  Equal everything for women, equal for children, equal for animals, equal for Afghani sex slaves, equal for African babies with bloated bellies and flies in their eyes.
But I have also long ago given up on trying to make the world perfect because if somehow, I could do it, if I could push that button and make it all magically "perfect"...
I strongly believe that my god will recognize the show being "over" and we'll all be scrapped and restarted to produce a more "entertaining" world (less than perfect).
Because Nik, our emotions and free will are what make us interesting humans.  We fight against unfairness, we are passionate about raising our kids better than their parents and we have goals, dreams, ideals.
To take away all that, to live in a world where people are treated equally, "all" people, my goshes would that be boring.
No more struggles, no more fighting, no more martyrs, no more humans...
Just a world where one group of people present their eldest female to another, to negotiate peace, to find common grounds, to solve problems.
While all the soldiers stay at home and change diapers because there aren't any more jobs left.

I know what you meant with your blog, I really do.  I salute you strongly from across the pond and I believe we should fight the good fight.
But take away the fight entirely, well...

Tell that husband of yours that you guys are awesome, you are our word wrangling heroes and if he could crank out another Guant's Ghosts or Beta book soon, well you know...



P.S.
Women seem to be cursed with the power they can't recognize and too emotional to take a life for what they believe in.
Our soldiers have always killed for what they believed in.  Perchaps that's what makes a man a male, his ability to kill for what he believes in (no matter how messed up that belief is).
A woman killing her own child is such an obscene, horrible concept, that only a very few percentage of mothers actually do it and the ones that do become famous because of their sheer evil.
Can we imagine for a second that if a country had any baby killers, that those murderers were the only representatives as soldiers, that a country could "muster", how would our wars look then..?

We were taught that the english killed the Native American Indians, some Indians fought back and killed white people, but it was always male soldiers killing other males.
Our stories of women in wars are of the healers, the caring for even enemy soldiers, the hiding the small children to preserve their way of life and we've been taught this for a long, long time (as I understand it...)
Would our history books have to change, to see women as the warriors..?

Don't misunderstand me as I change my perspective, again...
I think women are the more powerful of the species.  They are the ones who, with a yank, can tighten the noose around the whole race and theoretically end "everything" in the next hundred years.
But their power is in their compassion, it's in their mothering of babies with no fathers, it's in their struggles to make ends meet (because somehow, they always do...)
Will the rest of the world ever really recognize women and put them on a level battlefield..?
I doubt it, no, not completely, just like there won't be an end to racism, religion ism, age ism, sexual preference ism, credit status, martial junk and eyes with flies and those with none you know...
Should we still talk about it, type about and try to teach others about it?
Yep, I think we should Nik, thank you from all of us, for doin' what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment