Monday, June 6, 2016

For all to see...

I want to type about my son.
If there's a gigantic wall the size of the interweb and my words can be wait, theoretically, is that how you spell that one, jeeze..!
If my words can be written for anyone and everyone to see, for possibs, "the duration", I suppose I could some day erase it, or possibs the Blogspot I use, could go out of business...

Think about that for half a second.  In the old days, humans had to build statues and pyramids to leave their thoughts for all to see, for eternity.
But now, all we have to do is have an internet connection, and a clunky keyboard to bang away on.
And we can say our piece, forever.
Huh.

My son dislikes confrontations.  He thinks that everybody should just be friends and try to understand one anothers differences.
He's seen his mother and I argue, he tries to get in the middle and shout us both down.
He's grown up with violence in video games all his life, he's seen it on the tele and he believes, strongly, that it is not real.
And that his real life, should not contain any sort of violence, unless it's in his video games or as super heroes in movies with people in cool costumes.
He does enjoy a good verbal sparring however.
At every opportunity, when someone says something to him, his natural reaction, before his conscious mind ever contemplates it, is to disagree.
And sometimes its a rather poor disagreement because again, it's not his real mind thinking it.
He tries to elaborate when I challenge and his front brain usually has something clever or weird to say.  Because he wants to be a better speaker, he knows that there is no real "ceiling" to this talent and that the more efficient he can speak, the more he might accomplish in his lifetime.

He reacts to audio stimuli on autopilot.  Then, once the opponent is engaged, he brings out his weapon and hopes that whatever he reached into and pulled outta his bag first, is a little bigger than a popsicle stick.
I try to teach him that he should not be on autopilot, like ever.  Because to improve, means he must not grunt in a knee jerk reaction and have to "recover", someday.
That praps he could have a decent weapon ready first, mabes even keep that weapon on the standby, always.

He laughs a little bit and I have to remember how proud I am of him.
In my bag, there's only popsicle sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment