Sunday, November 15, 2015

Worlds to Live in...

We live in many worlds.
I look at one of my personal typing heroes, Mr Dan Abnett and what he created, little universes of his own playgrounds, and if I met him one day I would have to ask, how do you "exist" in multiple places at the same time on a daily basis like that...
Or a George Lucas when he was dreaming up Star Wars, how do you "live" in this world, with the rest of us, and still occupy enough of "the other world", in the same lifetime..?
How do you squeeze it all in or, if you or anyone else could claim, how do you abandon your fleshy person in sacrifice for the non fleshy person for a while.
But I think I already know the answer.

It's because we all do it, everyday of our lives, all the time.  We "compartmentalize" is that what they call it?
We take little emotions and events and we put them in little imaginary boxes in our noodles, then look back on them fondly or negatively (sometimes neutrally).
Now that I think about it, even if I take the "writer" out of myself, I must still live in about six worlds, possibs seven.
Let's see if I can list them all...


I have a real sexual style that has it's own playground, not to mention the sex with my wife so there's two right.
I have a world where if I'm sittin' on the toilet, I'm readin' a book for a minute or two and if my current book's any good, well I'm in there right, "somewhere" it's in my mind, three eh.
I have, believe it or not, a whole separate world dedicated to the Ohio State Buckeyes and their methodic system of annilating their competition, yep there's a whole world there I think...
I also have a very competitive side that seems to have it's own world because when I watch a very popular UFC fighter Ronda Rousey, lose her first ever in Australia well, I cringe inside, she was so awesome, did so much, rose so high and to see that, yep, I'm a long haired man and I can be quite a hard ass on my kids sometimes but I can admit it, I do have a soft side that died a little bit on my insides you know.
I can also side with all her haters who just had to throw their two cents in, to the whole negative side of the scales, it's important for some people to criticize a dominant, glowing figure I get that but I'm not countin' it as one of "my worlds" huh, only five so far.

I think my sixth world, and these were never in order of "importance" right, my son and his mother and how I handle our day to day lives, they're important, bills must somehow be paid and all.
I'm quite a video game player and when they unleashed the Fallout Four, well it's a wishing well on top of a pool of quicksand to me, I fall in and it's hard to escape in the next seven months or so, that's gotta be seven huh.
I sometimes think I might be an alcoholic but mabes I won't count that one.

Maybe the question is not, to our universe-creating-heroes or our spouses, how many worlds are you living in...
Perchappers the question is, which world are you living in right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment