Monday, November 7, 2016

I didn't mean it...

The following is a not so direct response to what was written here...

http://www.nicolavincent-abnett.com/2016/11/thoughts-on-presidential-election.html

I think I may actually not know what to say.
I know, I know, usually I'm pretty opinionated on, well, everything huh.
Usually I can throw out a pretty wicked perspective and sometimes, it sticks.
But the American election yeps, I like what you said Nik, "Offer a disgruntled public change, and they’ll grab it with both hands."

Yes we have some people who think things should be a whole lot "better" but no real clue as to the how.  Or the "why" come to think of it.
Praps we're all a little too "entitled" from watching our telees too much.
Yes we have a lot of pay check to pay check livers and I happen to be one of them (pay checks with a "cheque", that one made me snort laugh in a fun way on a Monday morning...)

The math isn't all that hard to do and the circumstances we find ourselves in aren't that far from predictable.
Angry population, check.  Guy that's been famous for years, been rich for years and, most importantly, been on our tvs for years, check.
Promises made, check.
Enough accusation coated manure to paint a large barn thrown, mega check.

I think we're not so much "hoping" for a better change to come with this election.  We're merely hoping for any change.
Is the system truly broken yet and how much power does even our president truly wield?  Check.
What happens if we become all friendly with Russia and start a global "third" world war and everybody suddenly has a job?  Check.

Mabes the best I can offer is that we, as Americans, love our television shows so much, that we can't help but strive to be the passion-filled drama kings and queens.
And much like the fight you start with your significant other when things grow too boring, quite similar to the break up and cry fest that ensues...
Perchaps we are only repeating what we've been taught.
That politics are better after you break up with them for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment